Monday, November 16, 2009

Year 9 English Evaluation

  1. What did you enjoy about year 9 english?
  2. What did you dislike?
  3. What were you good at?
  4. What was a challenge for you?

  1. The thing I enjoyed most in English was probably the protest poetry unit and also the unit on Tomorrow when the World Began. I like the poetry because it was really interesting to look at different poems and songs and to get to read
  2. When writing a short story I am good at:
  • Knowledge and understaning
  • Appreciating texts
  • Interpreting texts (B)
  • Constructing texts (B)
  • Reflecting (B)

I had a few problems with punctuation

When writing an analytical essay I am good at:

  • Organising points and subject matter
  • Knowledge and understanding (B)
  • Constructing texts (B)

I had some problems with spelling.

When preparing and presenting an oral presentation I am good at:

  • Speaking clearly and confidently with good pace
  • Selecting appropriate and effective texts

Most of my ticks are in the B B- column and there is one in the C column. I did not do very well in:

  • Consistentky organising subject matter logically and effectively
  • developing argument
  • cohesive ties
  • vocabulary
  • grammar
  • NON VERBAL FEATURES

When doing a persuasive oral I am not very good. I mostly got ticks in the B, B-, C+ & C columns. This was for:

  • Knowledge and understanding
  • Constructing texts
  • reflecting

When writing a feature article I am good at:

  • Constructing texts
  • Cohesive Ties
  • Vocabulary
  • Appropriate Grammar
  • Punctuation
  • Spelling

No comments:

Post a Comment