Thursday, September 17, 2009

Evaluation

1. Write an evaluation of the Proest Poetry unit that we completed this term. What did you learn from studying the unit in terms of poetic techniques and how poets express the point of view through their compositions. What poem did you enjoy analysing and why? How would you rate the unit in terms of learned experiences and texts you enjoyed? Create a rating schem you can put at the bottom of your evaluation.

The topic we have been studying this term was protest poetry. Protest poetry is when a poet or a writer expresses their protest through songs and poems. From studying protest poetry I have learnt the proper terms for different poetic techniques. I learnt when to use different techniques and also how to tell different techniques apart. I learnt that poetry is written to appeal to the five senses (sight, touch, taste, smell, hear) of the reader. Another thing i learnt was the 7 types of images:
  • visual imagery
  • auditory
  • olfactory
  • gustatory
  • tactile
  • organic
  • kinesthetic

I also learnt how to analyse the effectiveness of songs and poems as a vehicle for protest. By knowing how to do this, I was able to complete my speach.

The poem I enjoyed analysing was 'Outback'. This was because it had a very important message and it was written really well. 

I found this unit really interesting, especially when we looked at different poems and songs. My favourite part was trying to figure out the reason for the poems and figuring out what they meant. I would rate this unit 8/10 for being interesting :).


No comments:

Post a Comment